Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTC Creo 3.0 HELP

Hello all,

I am part of a rookie team and since won't get our kop until late august, we decided it would be best if we started to learn to model in PTC Creo. Our team started to watch the 3 ptc videos by this youtuber. https://www.youtube.com/user/dakotasamuel/videos . I realized that he was using PTC Creo 2.0 and I was using PTC Creo 3.0. I still went ahead and used his tutorials. There were still somethings that were different that I needed help with. First of all, how do you zoom in and out using creo 3.0. Secondly, when assembling a robot using the kit of parts, lets say i have already used a piece once before and i had to put restraints on it to keep it still, if I need another one of those parts it automagically puts the same restraints used when I used the piece previously if that makes any sense. Is there a way that I can get rid of this automatic constraining?

Thanks,
    RollerCoaster45

I am not sure about the constrains but I do know that when doing a assembly you can specify constraints by clicking on the part that you are adding and then click where that prt will be constrained for example, if you are putting a screw in a beam than you would click the shaft of the screw then the inside of the hole that it is going into. Then you would click the underside of the screw head then connect it to the surface of the beam that you want it to sit on.

As far as the zooming it should be the same. If your mouse has a middle mouse (scroller) than you would roll it to zoom in and out. There should also be a small task bar in the upper right corner. On the task bar should be a zoom in and out button.

I hope that helps. I also have Creo 3.0 and would love to help more. If you have any more questions feal free to email our team at ftcwomc@gmail.com. If needed I can set up a video call to help you.

Grant Trautman, 4234 Weapons of Mass Construction.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. For the zooming, I have a mouse with a middle wheel and when i move the middle wheel back and forth, it does nothing. The only why i have figured out how to zoom is hold down the mouse wheel and ctrl. This has proved to be very inconvenient compared to just scrolling back and forth on a mouse wheel. I have also found that under the view tab in the ribbon, there is a zoom in and zoom out option but when using the zoom in window, it just creates a zoom box which is a place that PTC will automatically zoom into. Also in the upper right hand corner there are just a couple of buttons but none of them are zoom in or out. One of them is a question mark in a dark circle. The second is a diploma hat in a dark circle and the last one is a magnifying glass. I know that my mouse scroll wheel works because whenever i am web surfing, i can always just move my mouse to scroll down pages.

Comment

Also when I asked all my team members if they were having this problem they said they were.

Comment

I figured out the mouse problem. What the problem is if you have windows 10, there is a setting under touchpad and mouse that allows you to scroll inactive windows. This causes a glitch for PTC Creo, not allowing you to scroll to zoom in and out. In order to fix this you need to disable scrolling inactive windows.

Comment

glad to hear that you figured this out. Still feel free to email our team with any questions you may have.

Comment

Hi,

I have run into another problem with PTC. Whenever I save an assembly I have made into a folder and close PTC. When I reopen it the assembly is not built. It looks like the parts cannot be found. Does anybody know a fix for this?

Comment

Originally posted by RollerCoaster45 View Post
                Hi,

I have run into another problem with PTC. Whenever I save an assembly I have made into a folder and close PTC. When I reopen it the assembly is not built. It looks like the parts cannot be found. Does anybody know a fix for this?
                We ran into the same issue. You have to set the working directory to the Directory of the KOP. Then you should have the parts and assembly again. I set the working directory every time we open CREO. Have to figure out a way that it stays.

Comment

Should I set the working directory to the tetrix kop or the folder that contains the legos, tetrix, and core modules?

Comment

Set it to the Tetrix KOP.

Comment

Originally posted by RollerCoaster45 View Post
                      Should I set the working directory to the tetrix kop or the folder that contains the legos, tetrix, and core modules?
                      If you are going to start making custom parts, I would suggest doing the following with folders. (Or just in general with tetrix parts)

1. We downloaded the kit of parts, Modules, and other objects, and keep them in their own folders. (Folders stored on a School Robotics Network Drive, Able to access from any robotics students login)
                      2. We create new folders according to the year and team for each build. (We have two teams). (Also located in the School Robotics Network Drive)
                      3. As the teams start building their robot in CAD, they then copy and paste the parts they are using from the folders in step 1, into the new folders in step 2. This keeps the folders cleaner, and not having multiple years in one folder. It can get really busy in a folder, especially if you're making custom parts.
                      2015 FTC World Champion - Valley X Robotics 2844 - Founding Memeber

Comment

Working...
                      X