Rover Ruckus Navigation Target Detection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover Ruckus Navigation Target Detection

I was doing some testing to see how useful the navigation targets would be in this year's game, mainly I was testing to see how far away the phone could detect the targets from. In my tests the phone could only detect the targets if they were less than 36 inches away. This isn't a very large distance and it makes the targets almost useless for navigation in your corner. Has anyone experienced these results, different results, or in general found a way to use the targets for anything other than travel between the crater and depot?
    Last edited by Noah; 10-22-2018, 10:44 PM.

Well lit (including flash light - which is now illegal for this year) we could get 48 in. Decent accuracy at relatively short distances - falls off with increased distance (maybe a couple inches at 48" distance). More tests needed to see if accuracy rolloff is consistent enough to apply a scaling function.
    This is with Moto G4 or Samsung S5 phone rear camera. We haven't had time to try a higher capability USB camera.

Comment

We have same observation. I am thinking if recalibrating x,y and heading every time target is delected within 30 inches and the keep dead reckoning between targets

Comment

We have similar issues. We could detect the target but it was not always reliable more then 25 inches away. Also , one it detected a target, it was keep saying that it saw the target even when it is not visible in on the camera and only changed when a new target became visible. We used a block program posted in the forum made for this year challenge and printed out version 2 of the US..

Comment

Originally posted by Koenraad View Post
          Also , one it detected a target, it was keep saying that it saw the target even when it is not visible in on the camera and only changed when a new target became visible. We used a block program posted in the forum made for this year challenge and printed out version 2 of the US..
          You may want to check out this thread. https://ftcforum.usfirst.org/forum/f...ity-of-targets

Comment

Working...
          X