Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HiTechnic DC Motor Controller for TETRIX allowed in FTC 2017-18?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HiTechnic DC Motor Controller for TETRIX allowed in FTC 2017-18?

Greetings to all! I'm the head programmer for FTC team 10405 and side mechanical engineer. Recently we decided to change our entire robot design a week before the final qualifier and as we were mounting the electronics to the robot, we realized we needed one more Modern Robotics motor controller in order to get our glyph lift up and running. Sadly, we don't have another Modern Robotics motor controller, but what we do have is a HiTechnic DC Motor Controller. So my question is, are the HiTechnic DC Motor Controllers allowed on our robot design.

page 33, <RE07> d.

https://www.firstinspires.org/sites/...ual-part-1.pdf

rule <RE08> relates as well if that's the question

Legacy Tetrix Motor Controller = HiTechnic

Comment

Originally posted by 3805Mentor View Post
      page 33, <RE07> d.

https://www.firstinspires.org/sites/...ual-part-1.pdf

rule <RE08> relates as well if that's the question

Legacy Tetrix Motor Controller = HiTechnic
      Ok so I had found that when I had searched whether or not they were legal, but I got confused where it said "Motor and Servo Controllers are allowed in only one of the following two configurations (cannot mix configurations)"`<RE08> page, page 33. Does this rule state that I can either use the core motor controller or the Legacy Tetrix Motor Controller and i can;t use both on my robot, or what is the rule saying?

Comment

RE08 "a". is one configuration, "b" is the other. You miust choose a or b. You cannot have a mix of a and b.

"A" is a comma separated list with "and" followed by "in any combination". All in this list are allowed in any combination.

Core Motor Controllers, Core Servo Controllers, REV Expansion Hub, REV Servo Power Module,
        Legacy TETRIX DC Motor Controllers, and Legacy TETRIX Servo Controllers in any combination.

Our team had both Modern Robotics and HiTechnic last year with no problem.

Comment

We have the HiTechnic DC motor controllers also. Two questions, how many of these controllers can we have on the robot? And how do we wire 8 motors to the controllers?

Comment

Originally posted by bhill2017_1 View Post
            We have the HiTechnic DC motor controllers also. Two questions, how many of these controllers can we have on the robot? And how do we wire 8 motors to the controllers?
            For quantity -
            Read the complete rule of RE07 d. referenced in post #3 above.

The motor and battery power wiring is the same as for the Modern Robotics electrically speaking. Mechanically there are screw terminals instead of Anderson Powerpole connecters.

Data side use an RJ45 NXT wire to connect the motor controller to the Legacy Module.

Below does not have exact complete wiring example of Hitechnic, but much of it -
            https://www.firstinspires.org/sites/...ring-guide.pdf

Comment

Thank you. I read RE07 d. before, but I misunderstood about the Legacy MATRIX and the Legacy HiTechnic. We have the wiring for those. Thank you again.

Comment

Working...
              X