Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NikilPrabhakar
    replied
    Ok thanks that is a really cool mechanism anyway. I will let the rest of my team know. Thanks for the information

Leave a comment:

• FTC14867
    replied
    Originally posted by NikilPrabhakar View Post
    I was wondering, what was the intake that your robot uses to grab the mineral from the crater. Our team is debating from noodle spinner or wheels. We tried grabbers put that was very imprecise and could grab only one. If you guys could give any suggestions that would great!
    14687 coach here - We are using a surgical tube intake system that we lay on top of the minerals. We can reach into the crater, up to the lander or anywhere on the playing field. Our driver rotates the gears to absorb the mineral and then reverses the intake motor to discharge the minerals into the lander. We have successfully deposited minerals in the lander on most of our matches except where other bots are in the way of the lander. If they are, we simply take them to the depot and drop them off. We have had to tweak our gear system so the tubes don't twist up, but it works well for the most part.

One key thing to note though is that if you suck the mineral in too far, it can't come out. We also found that we had to add side shields to the left and right of our tubes to keep the minerals in the middle of the two tube structures. I hope that makes sense. Message us if you need any help.

14867 - Cougar Bots

Leave a comment:

• NikilPrabhakar
    replied
    Ok, thanks I will show my teams those videos. We are mostly prototyping with the "noodle spinners" because we saw many good teams that use that and collect minerals pretty fast.

Leave a comment:

• FTC7253
    replied
    Watch videos from MI state championship - where a 442 was scored.

Leave a comment:

• Mentor 777
    replied
    We are just starting to work on that part. We have concentrated on getting the autonomous complete before moving to that piece. At our two competitions so far, there have been very few elements placed in the lander. So, I am not much help from personal experience on that question yet. However, there are some great videos out on youtube. "FTC Howell Qualifier 2018" has 3 matches that we have watched many times for ideas. The robots in the videos have some variety in their pickup mechanisms, so you can get some different ideas. Thanks to whoever posted those videos, by the way! Great job!

Leave a comment:

• NikilPrabhakar
    started a topic Mineral Intake

Mineral Intake

I was wondering, what was the intake that your robot uses to grab the mineral from the crater. Our team is debating from noodle spinner or wheels. We tried grabbers put that was very imprecise and could grab only one. If you guys could give any suggestions that would great!
Working...
X