Robot size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robot size

[LEFT][COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=13px]I know the rules state "Robot Starting Volume

I know the rules state "Robot Starting Volume

Comment

I know the rules state "Robot Starting Volume Before the start of a Match, each Robot in its starting location must not exceed a volume of 18 inches (45.7cm) wide by 18 inches (45.7cm) long by 18 inches (45.7cm) tall. The Alliance identification flag and pre-loaded Scoring Elements may extend Outside the 18-inch (45.7cm) cube volume constraint. " Is this measured from back of bot to start of glyph or back of bot to end of gripper. I would assume its to end of gripper but this makes the push bot chassis illegal as its over 18 inches with grippers extended.

Comment

Originally posted by ejschuh View Post
        I know the rules state "Robot Starting Volume Before the start of a Match, each Robot in its starting location must not exceed a volume of 18 inches (45.7cm) wide by 18 inches (45.7cm) long by 18 inches (45.7cm) tall. The Alliance identification flag and pre-loaded Scoring Elements may extend Outside the 18-inch (45.7cm) cube volume constraint. " Is this measured from back of bot to start of glyph or back of bot to end of gripper. I would assume its to end of gripper but this makes the push bot chassis illegal as its over 18 inches with grippers extended.
        Your assumption is correct, robot needs to fit in 18" cube sizing volume until start of the match.
        Official answer can be found here:
        https://ftcforum.usfirst.org/forum/i...1912#post51912

Comment

Working...
        X