Private Messages Not Working?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Messages Not Working?

Perhaps it's just my account, but I've tried under Chrome and MS Edge and private messages just comes up with a box with "Get started by typing something below!", a shaded lower portion, and a Post button. Alas, there is no-where to type. It does a similar thing if you try the "Start a Conversation" button, or even replying to an old PM.
    Technical Coach, Newton Busters FTC 10138, FLL 3077
    Chicago 'burbs, IL

Hi gof,

Private messages is disabled. These forums are a resource for students and for adults. Our preference is to have all conversations be public, rather than private.

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your post.

JoAnn

Comment

Hi, JoAnn,
      On my Mac computer, either with Firefox or Safari, I cannot find any spot on a ny screen where I can start a new topic or ask a new question, only places like this box where I can add something to an existing thread. Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnfraser98077@yahoo.com View Post
        Hi, JoAnn,
        On my Mac computer, either with Firefox or Safari, I cannot find any spot on a ny screen where I can start a new topic or ask a new question, only places like this box where I can add something to an existing thread. Any advice?

Hi John,

When I log in with identical user rights to yours, I see a "new topic" box at the top of the sub thread. You won't see it once you're in a topic - you'll need to back up by one screen. I use firefox, and this works well for me. I've also accessed it using Safari from my iPad, and that works as well. Shoot me an email if you continue to have trouble - jhalloran@firstinspires.org and I'll troubleshoot it with you.

btw - if you're trying to ask a game question, you'll need to use a forum account that we've assigned to the team. The username is FTC followed by the team number (no spaces).
        The Lead Coach/Mentor1 for the team has access to that info, but if they don't remember it from last season, it's easy to reset using the 'forgot password' link up by the login prompt at the top of the page.

Comment

JoAnn,
          When I try to change my password as user FTC6220, I get an email that allows me to change my password as johnfraser98077@yahoo.com, not as user FTC6220.

Comment

FYI, I am the lead coach. In the past, a student was responsible for managing forum interactions, but he graduated and left without telling us the password.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnfraser98077@yahoo.com View Post
              JoAnn,
              When I try to change my password as user FTC6220, I get an email that allows me to change my password as johnfraser98077@yahoo.com, not as user FTC6220.

Hi John,

You should have an email in your inbox with a link to reset your forum password. I just sent it over to you a minute or two ago. Please let me know if you continue to have trouble.

Thanks,

JoAnn

Comment

Working...
              X