FTC as a class?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTC as a class?

My school is considering making an FTC class. One hour a day is a short period of time, but it's better than nothing. We have a hard time working with student athletes and this might be an interesting compromise. We will also have longer Saturday practices. We were wondering if any schools have tried this. If so, how did it work out?

I've seen a few that have done this. One that I recall from last year actually changed from being a class for credit (not sure how that worked) to an optional after school thing, and enrollment went way down to 3 members. It seemed more successful that students got credit for it and had more participation. There is a group on facebook called FTC Share and Learn that has quite a few teachers posting, I would also ask on there if you have an account.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks

Comment

Our team is a class in an alternative school. It meets twice a week for 2 hours each class. The years that the team is highly competitive are when the students ask for scheduled times after hours and weekends, and also come in during the day when they don't have other classes.
        The teacher started this class a couple of years before I became involved as a mentor the year of Ring it Up, that was when my children started taking the class. I think my children benefited quite a bit from the class, and I have received positive feedback from several parents over the years.

Comment

Working...
        X