Rover Ruckus: Game Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover Ruckus: Game Question

We had a huge brainstorming session today and had a lot of ideas thrown out and questions, here they are:

1. Is it legal to pull out minerals from outside the crater?
    2. What are the exact landing requirements?
    3. Can our team marker be circular with a 4in diameter and a 4in height?

4. Is it legal to have our team marker roll into the depot instead of being placed?

5. Is it legal to have the robot arm touching the side of the lander as long as it is not touching the support bracket after landing?

6. What are the requirements for parking? such as years before it was a wheel and then other years it was the whole robot and then other years it was just a piece of the robot.

Thank you so much. If you could help me find these answers, I would be eternally grateful.

The official Q&A forum should be open within 1-2 weeks, but most of your answers are in the game manual - that should always be your first place to check.

1. I don't see anything that says you cannot do this. According to <GS3> You would have to remove them from the crater 2 at a time.
    2. In 1.5.2 #1 it sounds like you just need to be in contact with the floor & not in contact with the lander support bracket. I expect it will be clarified to allow parking on top of elements in the crater even if not in contact with the mats.
    3. See <TM02>
    4. See 1.5.2 #2
    5. According to 1.5.2 #1, I would say yes - just be careful of <G16>
    6. For autonomous parking it says "in" - just a wheel. For End Game you get 15 point for "in" or 25 points for "completely in".

Comment

My team also had this question....does a robot have to start the match latched and then successfully lower themselves to the floor in order to be eligible to latch on the lander during end game or is the option to latch and hang open to any robot, regardless of how they started the match?

1.5.4 states: "Each Robot that Deployed during pre-Match setup or in the course of game play and is Latched onto either of their own Alliance-specific Lander Support Brackets at the End of the
      Match earns 50 points for their Alliance."

Anyone have any thoughts?

Comment

This will probably require an official answer, but since the definition of Deployed is "Robot is not Latched to the Lander", I would guess that even if you did not start latched (and therefor started as deployed) you are still eligible for the 50 points by latching in End Game.

Comment

Originally posted by FLARE View Post
          This will probably require an official answer, but since the definition of Deployed is "Robot is not Latched to the Lander", I would guess that even if you did not start latched (and therefor started as deployed) you are still eligible for the 50 points by latching in End Game.
          Game Manual 2 - 1.5.4:
          Robots Latched - Each Robot that Deployed during pre-Match setup or in the course of game play and is Latched onto either of their own Alliance-specific Lander Support Brackets at the End of the Match earns 50 points for their Alliance.

You need to start the game and deploy in order to score the 50pts for latching during the end game.

Last edited by frogbots; 09-09-2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

I would understand this as if you start on the floor, then you are "deployed during pre-match setup". So I think you would still be eligible for the 50 - jmo

Comment

I think the intent of 1.5.4 Robots Latched is that a robot can't start Latched and just hang there the whole match and get 50 points. It's gotta latch itself from the floor.

Comment

Hmmm, all very good thoughts. So what if a robot experiences a malfunction at the start of a match and cannot lower itself from a latched position, would it be awarded the 50 points then? Similar to the 20 points for the balancing stone in Relic Recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by GladiatorsCoach View Post
                  Hmmm, all very good thoughts. So what if a robot experiences a malfunction at the start of a match and cannot lower itself from a latched position, would it be awarded the 50 points then? Similar to the 20 points for the balancing stone in Relic Recovery.
                  I would say No, because then it would never have deployed,. The end game points essentially have 2 requirements - the robot was deployed and is now latched.

Comment

In (Inside) / Completely In (Completely Inside) - An object that has crossed into the upwards vertical (i.e., at a right angle to the Playing Field Floor) extension of a defined Area
                    Last edited by MikeRush; 09-10-2018, 11:23 AM. Reason: Not all there again... Must be some HTML code in my reply...

Comment

In (Inside) / Completely In (Completely Inside) An object that has crossed into the upwards vertical (i.e., at a right angle to the Playing Field Floor) extension of a defined [I]Area

Comment

In and Completely In is defined as an object that has crossed into the upwards vertical (at a right angle to the Playing Field Floor) extension of a defined Areas boundary is Inside the Area. An object that is entirely within the upwards vertical extension of a defined Areas boundary is Completely Inside the Area. The boundary element (tape, wall, markings, etc.) is part of the Area for the purposes of determining Inside and Outside.

The definition of IN implies crossing the vertical plane and says nothing about touching the surface

Comment

Apparently posting a comment with an apostrophe is a problem.

Comment

For robots that start the match "hanging"......will they still need to remain in the 18"x18"x18 "configuration while hanging at the beginning of the match?

Nevermind.....found the answer.
                            Yes, you must be within the 18"x18"x18" config.
                            Last edited by Djimenez; 09-10-2018, 05:11 PM.

Comment

I would like an official definition of the word "Launch" as used in <GS9>

Comment

Working...
                              X