Intellitek CoderZ motivations???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intellitek CoderZ motivations???

Can someone explain the motivations behind the CoderZ project with Intelitek? It seems there are plenty of avenues for FIRST to work on improving the FTC experience this year, so I'm just wondering why we're promoting something that looks to be an App Inventor replacement that also looks like it will cost teams a subscription fee? Wasn't moving to the opensource world (less expenses) part of the motivation for the choice of platforms? Enlighten us.

Intelitek CoderZ Motivation??

Originally posted by korimako View Post
    Can someone explain the motivations behind the CoderZ project with Intelitek? It seems there are plenty of avenues for FIRST to work on improving the FTC experience this year, so I'm just wondering why we're promoting something that looks to be an App Inventor replacement that also looks like it will cost teams a subscription fee? Wasn't moving to the opensource world (less expenses) part of the motivation for the choice of platforms? Enlighten us.

Hi Korimako,

Our vision statement talks about changing the culture, and I think that one of the ways that we can do that is by improving the FIRST Tech Challenge experience for rookie teams. We want every team to feel successful at the end of the season, and we know that some teams really struggle with the coding aspect of our program. We hope that rookie teams, and teams that have difficulty finding programming mentors will find this additional resource useful in their learning process. This isn't an App Inventor replacement. It's an additional resource.

I hope that helps to clarify a little bit.

Thanks for the question!

JoAnn

Comment

Working...
    X