Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern Robotics Discount

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Modern Robotics Discount

    When I registered for a Modern Robotics account, I received an email from Modern Robotics saying that FIRST FTC teams can receive a discount. However, the email does not detail how to go about receiving the discount.

    Here is the paragraph from the email:

    In addition, all FTC teams registered with FIRST for the 2015 – 2016 season will receive discounts on Matrix hardware and selected accessories when ordering from www.modernroboticsinc.com.

    Does anyone know how to receive a Modern Robotics discount on purchases made on their website? Thank you in advance.
    FTC 7104 - The Synergists

  • #2
    Originally posted by FTC7104 View Post
    When I registered for a Modern Robotics account, I received an email from Modern Robotics saying that FIRST FTC teams can receive a discount. However, the email does not detail how to go about receiving the discount.

    Here is the paragraph from the email:




    Does anyone know how to receive a Modern Robotics discount on purchases made on their website? Thank you in advance.
    I spoke to Laurie in Sales at Modern Robotics and she told me that there is "no discount for FTC teams." I was very surprised by this as I have the same email as you and it was a bold faced line in the email. I have also been pretty unhappy with their service in general as I emailed them asking this question and haven't gotten a response yet.

    Does anyone have positive feedback on this issue?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FTC9804 View Post
      I spoke to Laurie in Sales at Modern Robotics and she told me that there is "no discount for FTC teams." I was very surprised by this as I have the same email as you and it was a bold faced line in the email. I have also been pretty unhappy with their service in general as I emailed them asking this question and haven't gotten a response yet.

      Does anyone have positive feedback on this issue?
      Nope, I received the same reply at the beginning of the season. Modern Robotics has done a terrible job with this new technology roll out. I really don't think it could have been handled any worse. But I guess as long as they are making loads of money from FTC teams, they are happy.

      Comment


      • #4
        As far as I can tell Modern Robotics didn't even exist before last year:

        https://web.archive.org/web/20150316...boticsinc.com/

        Since all they do is sell to FTC teams it doesn't make sense that they would offer a discount to FTC teams unless they were counting on some teams not actually asking for the discount. Otherwise it would be the same as just cutting prices on everything.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mlwilliams View Post
          As far as I can tell Modern Robotics didn't even exist before last year:

          https://web.archive.org/web/20150316...boticsinc.com/

          Since all they do is sell to FTC teams it doesn't make sense that they would offer a discount to FTC teams unless they were counting on some teams not actually asking for the discount. Otherwise it would be the same as just cutting prices on everything.
          Nope, they are the same company that makes the old Hitechnic controllers and sensors... Just a new name.

          Comment


          • #6
            It would sure be nice if they actually had parts in stock or made them so they wouldn't break all the time.... It's horrible that the equipment keeps going bad and they're out of stock of everything so you can't get replacments

            Comment

            Working...
            X