Sponsorships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsorships

Hi my team is still fairly new and we have comes tops some problems with receiving corporate sponsors. Our team comes from a private catholic school and because of the the companies don't get the tax exempt like they do if it was a public school. So I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas to help my team with getting sponsorships? Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by Robo Knights View Post
    Hi my team is still fairly new and we have comes tops some problems with receiving corporate sponsors. Our team comes from a private catholic school and because of the the companies don't get the tax exempt like they do if it was a public school. So I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas to help my team with getting sponsorships? Thanks for the help.
    I've been involved in getting FLL teams funded the last three years, and now FTC/FRC teams, at the same type of schools. You may want to check into that tax exempt status with the advancement (fundraising) office or financial manager at the school, because that's been the opposite of our experience. We are not eligible for state funds in our state (most of the public school teams get state funding), but you should be eligible for grants from companies, and they should get a tax break because of it. They usually have a list of past awardees on their web site as well, so you can see if any other private schools have won a grant from them.

You should also definitely check out the FIRST fundraising toolkit (http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprogr...aising-toolkit) -- there are a lot of great ideas for supporting teams in different situations. Good luck!
    FTC 4962 / 3638
    FLL 11 / 21 / 9293

Comment

Working...
    X