Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rev expansion hubs CAN still be ordered!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev expansion hubs CAN still be ordered!

Recently in our own scuttle to redo our electronics etc and digging around, I have seen a number of comments about the Rev expansion hubs being out of stock. This affected our team when we discovered we needed a second one.
    FYI, I just want to be sure people know - you CAN order them through the FIRST Dashboard via Pitsco. In fact this is the whole "conversion kit" for $125 which is a great deal by comparison.
    We placed an order Monday (New years eve) and it shipped today.
    I'm assuming maybe FIRST had a bunch of them set aside for teams in the last-minute scramble predicament.

On a related note... I am SOOOO looking forward to being rid of Modern Robotics lol.

Thanks for the tip.
    May I ask what are you replacing your modern robotics kit with?
    -Raj
    Mentor, Robo Troopers
    FTC Team 15167

Comment

Originally posted by FTC15167 View Post
      Thanks for the tip.
      It seems with the Rev products, I assume.

Comment

1 REV expansion hub will control 4 motors and 6 servos. 2 hubs would replace all the modern robotics electronic control system. Your modern robotics sensors can be used on the new system, but check for needed adapters in the REV pdf. Our teams moved over this year to reduce the number of usb connections that need troubleshooting.

Comment

Originally posted by FTC15167 View Post
          Thanks for the tip.
          A second Rev hub.
          As mentioned above, if you have 2 hubs linked together, it gives you everything needed to convert completely.
          Our experience in the last week just since making this switch has been soooo much better.
          The USB connections seem to be a major weak point. Our units are pretty old and heavily used, and the connections are really flaky now. Plus the core module has a very slow bandwidth so you can't run a webcam through it.

Comment

Working...
          X