Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can you find the Q&A Forum account information?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can you find the Q&A Forum account information?

Q&A Forum says you must use you Team login to as a Question.
    It says on the forum that it was sent to us in an email.
    Two of us are listed as both a Coach and a Mentor on the Team Dashboard and neither of us can find an email or find the info anywhere on the account dashboard.
    Where do we find/get the account.
    I found the login (FTC3965) and password from the 2015/2016 season; but, they do not work.
    Mark Hancock
    Tigard Team Mentor

Call New Hampshire on Monday and talk to the FTC ladies, they'll help you out. When I called they told me that password info was removed from our Dashboards for "Security Purposes", though I can't think of anything of security value that this password protects (the ability to post to the forum? Really?????)

Comment

Originally posted by markshancock View Post
      Q&A Forum says you must use you Team login to as a Question.
      It says on the forum that it was sent to us in an email.
      Two of us are listed as both a Coach and a Mentor on the Team Dashboard and neither of us can find an email or find the info anywhere on the account dashboard.
      Where do we find/get the account.
      I found the login (FTC3965) and password from the 2015/2016 season; but, they do not work.

Hi Mark,

At the top of the forum, where you would log in, click on the "forgot password". Use the email that you used in the team registration system, and you should get an email from the forum with a link to reset your password. That usually does the trick. If all else fails, drop a note directly to me at jhalloran(at)firstinspires(dot)org, and I'll help you out.

Sorry for the hassle!

JoAnn

Comment

Originally posted by FTC9765 View Post
        Call New Hampshire on Monday and talk to the FTC ladies, they'll help you out. When I called they told me that password info was removed from our Dashboards for "Security Purposes", though I can't think of anything of security value that this password protects (the ability to post to the forum? Really?????)

Our forums were hacked pretty badly last year. We're now operating with an abundance of caution, because it's better to be safe than to be sorry (and have to rebuild the forums, and reset all the user passwords again). I know it's a pain, and we appreciate your patience.

JoAnn

Comment

Originally posted by JoAnn View Post

Hi Mark,

At the top of the forum, where you would log in, click on the "forgot password". Use the email that you used in the team registration system, and you should get an email from the forum with a link to reset your password. That usually does the trick. If all else fails, drop a note directly to me at jhalloran(at)firstinspires(dot)org, and I'll help you out.

Sorry for the hassle!

JoAnn
          I am primary contact for four teams. How do I select what account I want to reset?
          Mark Hancock
          Tigard Team Mentor

Comment

I am primary contact for four teams. How do I select what account I want to reset?

It should send you an email for each team you're associated with. You only need to follow the link for the accounts you'd like to reset.

JoAnn

Comment

I tried using the email that is listed on the dashboard (different from the one I use here) and "forgot password" said it was an invalid account
              Mark Hancock
              Tigard Team Mentor

Comment

I tried using the email that is listed on the dashboard (different from the one I use here) and "forgot password" said it was an invalid account

Hi Mark,

They're associated with the email address of the lead coach/mentor 1 for the team. I'll have the forum send emails with links so he can reset the passwords for the teams. It is perfectly fine with us if he shares the login and password info with other members of the team, if he wishes. I'm sorry for the run around. I should have checked to see if you were the primary coach before I responded to your posts about this.

JoAnn

Comment

Working...
                X