Electronic Notebook software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Notebook software

What are the software options to write an electronic notebook? My team has used MS Word, Google Docs, and PTC Mathcad in the past, but we are wondering what other teams use to write their notebooks. Are there any programs that are specifically designed for writing a FIRST notebook?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    FTC 265 Viking Robotics
    Twitter: @Wiscorobotics
    Email: FtcVikingRobotics@gmail.com

My team uses Google Drive.

Comment

We use Google Drive (offers collaboration) to write (since everyone doesn't have Office 365, or Office 2016), then import the writing into a Word document that we style (Word offers so much more in terms of styling the document), but slow and steady Google Docs is starting to win the race (I haven't tried ownCloud documents yet)

Comment

Both of our teams use google docs
        Dave - Mentor
        CVTM Robotics Team 6966 (Bat Bots) Rookie Season 2013/14
        CVTM Robotics Team 8257 (Bond Bots) Rookie Season 2014/15

Comment

I'm very seriously considering trying to use Microsoft OneNote. It seems like it could be very well suited for an engineering notebook.

Comment

We are planning to try a Wordpress site. It automatically captures the user and date/time written. I also have a few plug-ins that I am working with that will neatly print the contents of the site. We'll see how it plays out.

Comment

Google Docs is great for online collaboration but not-so-great for printing things out. Our kids have chromebooks for school, so it's an easy choice for us, even though it's not optimal. The biggest issue they've had is that it doesn't have a good way to create a table of contents automatically.
              FTC 4962 / 3638
              FLL 11 / 21 / 9293

Comment

Our team will use Google Docs for collaboration, sharing things as well as meeting notes, etc.
                We will likely use Word to compile things and format them a bit for the final print out. A lot of our hand written things will be images to preserve it. Though our 8th graders have poor penmanship so most things are typed. They use their school ipads to do almost everything.
                Hope that helps,
                -Chad

Comment

Our team is also using Google Docs - makes for an easy way to collaborate between members and to insert photos taken each day at meetings.

Comment

We use Google Docs. We love that we can have multiple people editing it at the same time and with a few second delay for the changes to show on the others screens.

Comment

We have been using Microsoft OneNote with OneDrive. Very successful!

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies! We ended up using Google Drive because of the collaboration. We also have school chromebooks, so it is always accessible. We were planning on transferring it into MS Word, but we ended up liking how it turned out in Docs.
                        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                        FTC 265 Viking Robotics
                        Twitter: @Wiscorobotics
                        Email: FtcVikingRobotics@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X