Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spicey+Stripes
    replied
    bah. this is a game to get people more friendly towards each other. you remember the name-game from kindergarden right? however i do appreciate the feedback.

this isnt our robot, mind you. i just want creative juices flowing, along with the community.

Leave a comment:

• normalmutant
    replied
    Originally posted by Spicey+Stripes View Post
    the forum is a desolate place, devoid of human contact.
    Agreed. :P We could post more, but people check CD more often.

Originally posted by Spicey+Stripes View Post
    the robot has a 16x16 frame with 4 large wheels powered by dc motors. the back has the brick with wiring, and the front a simple flipper(altered wheel with a aluminum bar at the end) to move the batons into a tray. the tray is dumped by a motor in the center, that has a bar at the end to push it op on one end. the over all measurements are about 17x18x8
    Sounds good so far. The main things you're missing are good autonomous programming and the ability to possess the goal in end game. What I would suggest is getting a good, solid robot concept (it doesn't have to be amazing to work effectively - I've seen some designs that are mind-blowing but barely score points at all because they mess up so often), testing it, and perfecting it before States. From what I've seen, if you make your robot consistently score 60 or 70 points with your alliance partner, you will be well off and should get selected to be in the finals.
    However, if you're striving to be International material, you will need the ability to sense and score the magnetic baton, and you should be scoring more than 60 on your own. The design you mentioned may not be sufficient, but you're getting close.

Leave a comment:

• coollog
    replied
    umm, i hope you're not wanting us to build you your robot lol

Leave a comment:

• Spicey+Stripes
    started a topic robot design game

robot design game

alright. the forum is a desolate place, devoid of human contact. It would be nice if there were more topics, and more discussion. to help help achieve this, this thread will consist of a "game" we start out with a hypothetical robot, and build onto it. the goal is to create a robot that works using combined knowledge from all the teams, which will help others with ideas and issues with their robot, and create a more active forum. the best part is that your ideas dont have to come straight from your robot, they could be a design you wanted to try out, but didnt, or a design you replaced.

TL;DR: build onto or replace parts of this hypothetical robot. make it better, try to help members of other teams. be active on this forum. dont have to use things from robot, just from imagination.

To start:

the robot has a 16x16 frame with 4 large wheels powered by dc motors. the back has the brick with wiring, and the front a simple flipper(altered wheel with a aluminum bar at the end) to move the batons into a tray. the tray is dumped by a motor in the center, that has a bar at the end to push it op on one end. the over all measurements are about 17x18x8
Working...
X