Hitechnic Prototype Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitechnic Prototype Board

Our team wants to have 8 light sensors attached to the board, and all of them to be read separately. How would we do that?

Originally posted by 2010FTC4081 View Post
    Our team wants to have 8 light sensors attached to the board, and all of them to be read separately. How would we do that?
    The Hitechnic Prototype Board provides a total of 5 Analog Inputs. Thus, you would need either two prototype boards, or have an analog multiplexer, such that you would read one of the sensors at a time, in rapid succession, and then populate all the values into an int[8] array in your program.

I worked on implementation of a multiplexer integrated circuit, the CD74HC4067 from Texas Instruments. (Datasheet attached below). Essentially, the protoboard's digital pins would be used to send a 4 bit binary value to the mux chip, telling it which of the 16 analog input pins to connect (kind of like telling it to close one of 16 relays) to the analog input pin on the protoboard.

Datasheet: http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cd74hc4067.pdf

I'd be more than happy to continue helping you guys out with schematics and programming help if you're still pursuing this idea, as I notice that the original post is several months old.
    Ray Kholodovsky
    Electronics Department,
    Lancer Robotics Team #3415

Comment

Working...
    X