No announcement yet.

Your highest score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The high score in Iowa currently is 160. Or so we were told at our competition today.

Comment

In a Washington qualifying match, team 3531 the Short Circuits scored either 506 or 504 (I can't remember which it was). There were unconfirmed rumors that this was a world record, but I have not tracked that down yet.
      FTC Team 4508
      E=MC Squirreled
      Github Repo: www.github.com/emcsquirreled/FTC-2012
      Lead Programmer and Electronics

Comment

We managed to get a whole 15 points in just one round

Comment

On a relevant note, what is the highest score that has a video on Youtube? I've seen a team score 360, but none of these higher scores that people are talking about.

Comment

The highest official score is 428 as can be seen on this spreadsheet available on this page. The score for every team every tournament is listed:
            http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/ftc/game

Comment

Originally posted by Neutrinos6433 View Post
              The highest official score is 428 as can be seen on this spreadsheet available on this page. The score for every team every tournament is listed:
              http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/ftc/game
              The scores on the sheet are only for the qualifying rounds in a tournament, not the Elimination (after alliances have been selected) matches.
              Last edited by JohnMcDonnell; 12-28-2012, 11:56 AM. Reason: s/finalist/Elimination/
              John McDonnell
              Co-Mentor, Team 5873
              https://www.facebook.com/Team5873

Comment

Originally posted by 3608robotics View Post
                On a relevant note, what is the highest score that has a video on Youtube? I've seen a team score 360, but none of these higher scores that people are talking about.
                Definitely this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APT4eFrD5ns

Considering that Oly Cow could have scored an entire side by itself, and the second team's autonomous didn't work, I'm really interested to see what the high score will be at worlds.

Comment

New World Record 699

It looks like team 4149, Terabytes and Team 1001, Hacksaw have a new high score, 699 points. Check out the video on 4149 Terabytes Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/4149-...295751?__req=6

Comment

Last edited by JohnMcDonnell; 12-28-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: s/finalist/Elimination/
                    Is that a sed expression? Someone on here speaks my language!
                    FTC Team 4508
                    E=MC Squirreled
                    Github Repo: www.github.com/emcsquirreled/FTC-2012
                    Lead Programmer and Electronics

Comment

Last edited by JohnMcDonnell; 12-28-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: s/finalist/Elimination/
                      Is that a sed expression? Someone on here speaks my language!
                      5873 is now at least five times awesomer than I thought they were, and I think they were really amazing. sed is so underused.

It looks like team 4149, Terabytes and Team 1001, Hacksaw have a new high score, 699 points. Check out the video on 4149 Terabytes Facebook page.
                      Rounds like that always bug me. Why didn't the other alliance defend? They could have won with some hard defense. 6048 looks like it could push 4149 around if it wanted to. Besides that, that was a really impressive round.
                      Max Bareiss

FTC #248 Fatal Error (2009-2013)
                      FRC #3142 Aperture (2009-2012)
                      FRC #1302 Team Lionheart (2012-2013)
                      ZRHS #89 Team K├╝hlschrank (2011-2013)
                      ZRAC #40 Catcher in the Skye (2012)
                      ISR 12: Umptysquatch 6
                      Rowan University Baja SAE

And mentoring for life.
                      --
                      11 seasons of FIRST in 6 years, as a student. Many more as a mentor.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinkworks View Post
                        5873 is now at least five times awesomer than I thought they were, and I think they were really amazing. sed is so underused.

Rounds like that always bug me. Why didn't the other alliance defend? They could have won with some hard defense. 6048 looks like it could push 4149 around if it wanted to. Besides that, that was a really impressive round.
                        I think part of it is lack of preparation. /* It's the sixth match of the day, so it's conceivable that the losing team didn't know how skilled their opponents were */. When an alliance has scored 100 points in the first 15 seconds, most teams would just give up anyway.

Also, it would have been impossible to play defense and win this game, since only one side had scored an autonomous ring and both teams on that side were effective scorers. Even assuming perfect defense, the final score is still 50-0.

Edit: Actually, the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the final matches will come down to autonomous vs anti autonomous battles. Good defense can easily hold a team down to less than 50 points. Any team with a super quick autonomous and reasonably decent drivetrain could conceivably bully their way through every match 50-0.
                        Last edited by 3608robotics; 01-09-2013, 11:28 AM. Reason: Got the match # wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 3608robotics
                          I think part of it is lack of preparation. It's the sixth match of the day, so it's conceivable that the losing team didn't know how skilled their opponents were.
                          That wasn't a finals match? Wow.

Edit: Actually, the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the final matches will come down to autonomous vs anti autonomous battles. Good defense can easily hold a team down to less than 50 points. Any team with a super quick autonomous and reasonably decent drivetrain could conceivably bully their way through every match 50-0.
                          That could be true. I hope it isn't; there should be some robots in most final rounds that are heavy and can withstand defense, and should be able to score at least 50 points.
                          Max Bareiss

FTC #248 Fatal Error (2009-2013)
                          FRC #3142 Aperture (2009-2012)
                          FRC #1302 Team Lionheart (2012-2013)
                          ZRHS #89 Team K├╝hlschrank (2011-2013)
                          ZRAC #40 Catcher in the Skye (2012)
                          ISR 12: Umptysquatch 6
                          Rowan University Baja SAE

And mentoring for life.
                          --
                          11 seasons of FIRST in 6 years, as a student. Many more as a mentor.

Comment

Finals matches tend to be relatively low scoring in my experience. Generally by then the teams are smart enough to realize how imbalanced defence is. Semifinals and ranking matches where two good teams are paired together are where it's at

Comment

Originally posted by 3608robotics View Post
                              Finals matches tend to be relatively low scoring in my experience. Generally by then the teams are smart enough to realize how imbalanced defence is. Semifinals and ranking matches where two good teams are paired together are where it's at
                              Actually the 699 mact hwas a semifinalist match. The same alliance scored a 505 in their last finalist match. Both teams had autonomous, but they interfered with each other and 1001 had a higher reliability.

Comment

From what I have seen, as more robots get more capable, you are likely to see higher scores - not because robots are individually more powerful, but because all four robots will be trying to score as fast as they can with less defense. Early on, alliances have been filled with one offensive and one defensive robot. Later, all four will be high-scoring offensive robots. This year, it is hard for one robot to score more than a certain number of points, even with no defense. That limit changes somewhat, but the range doesn't vary by as much as it did last year. Last year, within my teams (both of whom went to World's), one typically scored around 320, the other typically scored around 110. I don't see as big a gap this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X