Your highest score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your highest score

What is the highest score you have achieved. My team has gotten about 15 in competition. After we made modifications and practiced we got 60 in practice.
    In as so much, as to win. Unless, our programmers fail. Nah, its gonna be the builders. Don't even get me started on those CAD people.
    Overall, we think we will win because all our components fail.

Two wrongs do not make a right, but three rights make a left.

30 for just us, more if you count our partner. We are working on a ring handler redesign as a result of that competition, as we did not do too well, but our ramp successfully lifted another robot 1", so that is our current high score.
    FTC Team 4508
    E=MC Squirreled
    Github Repo: www.github.com/emcsquirreled/FTC-2012
    Lead Programmer and Electronics

Comment

80, just us. With partner, ~175, I think. Strangely enough, our team tends to do better during real matches than practices.
      Max Bareiss

FTC #248 Fatal Error (2009-2013)
      FRC #3142 Aperture (2009-2012)
      FRC #1302 Team Lionheart (2012-2013)
      ZRHS #89 Team K├╝hlschrank (2011-2013)
      ZRAC #40 Catcher in the Skye (2012)
      ISR 12: Umptysquatch 6
      Rowan University Baja SAE

And mentoring for life.
      --
      11 seasons of FIRST in 6 years, as a student. Many more as a mentor.

Comment

We can hit anywhere from just 40 up to 150 in a match where is is just us, Our partner matches haven't turned out as well... But we will have to see!
        FIRST Affiliated since 2006

2 Years of FLL
        5 Years of FTC
        3 Years of Mentoring

Many more years to come.

Comment

Based on my calculations.... I imagine 120+ points + 30 point end game = 150+ point. and with alliance partner since I imagine we're going to be with team 39 in the elimination. Then I would guess around 300+ points per match.
          Last edited by FTC0038; 11-26-2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FTC0038 View Post
            Based on my calculations.... I imagine 120+ points + 30 point end game = 150+ point. and with alliance partner since I imagine we're going to be with team 39 in the elimination. Then I would guess around 300+ points per match.
            You are from Bloomfield Hills? Are you coming to the Temperance competition.
            In as so much, as to win. Unless, our programmers fail. Nah, its gonna be the builders. Don't even get me started on those CAD people.
            Overall, we think we will win because all our components fail.

Two wrongs do not make a right, but three rights make a left.

Comment

Originally posted by FTC0038 View Post
              Consider the scoring potential for each 2-ring trip to the rack and then tell me what it makes the most sense to be doing for the last 30 seconds of a match.

- 1st -- 2nd --- 3rd --- 4th --- 5th .... Scoring Trip
              0 1 0__0 1 2__3 1 2__3 1 2__3 15 2 .. Upper Row
              0 1 0__0 1 0__0 1 0__4 1 4__4 .1 .4 .. Middle Row
              0 0 0__0 0 2__3 0 2__3 0 2__3 .5 .2 .. Lower Row

25pts -45pts -155pts 265pts 345pts .. Running Total
              +25___+20 __+110__+110 __+80_ .. Trip Increment
              +0____+0 ___+90___+90 __ +60_ .. Row Bonus Pts.

Unless you can get your partner lifted at least ~12"+, the last 30 seconds should be used to complete your 3rd, 4th or 5th 2-ring scoring trip to the rack.

Lifting has a lower success rate than most people who opting to make a lift expect.
              We were the only team to deploy a lift platform at our 1st week of the Illinois qualifier competitions.
              It was far too easy to defend & prevent our partner from rolling up onto our ramp.
              Without some practice (and developing trust), partners aren't typically that good at (or willing) to make the effort and incur the falling risk that attempting the end game lift demands.

-Dick Ledford
              Last edited by RRLedford; 12-10-2012, 01:40 AM.
              -Dick Ledford, 2010-16 Former Mentor - 3507 Robotheosis

Comment

Right, possessing an entire 3 x 3 rack of pegs brings in a load of points. But how long does it actually take to place rings? It seems that teams have had trouble positioning their robots quickly enough to deposit a great number of rings in one match, particularly because of the two-ring limit, which, as you noted, requires frequent trips.

I'd imagine that the most efficient strategy would be to stick to one's own side of the field, because the opposing alliance is more likely to place rings on their own rack, and therefore, possessing rows, columns, or diagonals on that rack will inevitably be more difficult, especially if their autonomous ring is on a peg on that side. Assuming both robots in an alliance are equally efficient at placing rings on pegs, you'd want to minimize the distance required for each trip; in other words, it helps to move all the rings closer to the pegs. And it would make the most sense to always place rings either on the same peg, or on the same column, since moving would most likely require retracting the lift mechanism. I think placement speed could be maximized if each robot kept to one side of the rack most of the time. That way, they wouldn't interfere with one another, but would also ensure fast scoring.

We're hosting a tournament a week from today. It will be the first we see, so hopefully I'll get back with some pictures and comments (note to other Sparbots team members reading this: we need to remember to bring cameras).

Comment

Right, possessing an entire 3 x 3 rack of pegs brings in a load of points.
                  330 points; 5387 and 248 did it yesterday in Maplewood, New Jersey.

But how long does it actually take to place rings?
                  5387 can do 2 rings on two pegs in about 15-20 seconds, in one trip (they're completely awesome). We can do 2 rings on one peg in 15-25 seconds.
                  Max Bareiss

FTC #248 Fatal Error (2009-2013)
                  FRC #3142 Aperture (2009-2012)
                  FRC #1302 Team Lionheart (2012-2013)
                  ZRHS #89 Team K├╝hlschrank (2011-2013)
                  ZRAC #40 Catcher in the Skye (2012)
                  ISR 12: Umptysquatch 6
                  Rowan University Baja SAE

And mentoring for life.
                  --
                  11 seasons of FIRST in 6 years, as a student. Many more as a mentor.

Comment

We got 360 with our alliance partner on Sat. Dec 1st.
                    Here's the link to the video.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E6AwJMSDhc

Comment

Wow, nice! Has anyone seen teams taking advantage of the weighted ring bonus?

Comment

Not world record, we scored 375 yesterday with our alliance at of qualifier, and some other teams in New Jersey have scored 450+ during the first qualifier.
                        FIRST Affiliated since 2006

2 Years of FLL
                        5 Years of FTC
                        3 Years of Mentoring

Many more years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparbots View Post
                          Wow, nice! Has anyone seen teams taking advantage of the weighted ring bonus?
                          We saw a bot on our Nov 10th qualifier place their first two rings gathered (one at a time- two trips) on the corner peg.
                          It was not at all clear that they were really confirming they were weighted, and with nothing else scored yet, what was the point?
                          They did score one more during the match, but we could never determine exactly what they were thinking.
                          I am pretty sure they lost the match, and yet would have won if they put the corner rings on the rack instead.

We have decided that corner scoring is almost always a waste of precious row bonus potential scoring time.

-Dick Ledford
                          -Dick Ledford, 2010-16 Former Mentor - 3507 Robotheosis

Comment

Yeah, I saw your extensive post on Chief Delphi -- thanks for that, it was really useful. No point in having a point multiplier if there's nothing to multiply.

Comment

We (Team 6128) have only hit 128 so far, but we should improve by next time.

Comment

Working...
                              X