Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many teams advance from a Championship Tournament to the WCT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many teams advance from a Championship Tournament to the WCT?

I'm familiar with section 2.8 in the Game Manual Part 1, which lists the order in which teams are selected for advancement. For a particular tournament, I would like to know how many spots are available for advancement to the World Championship Tournament. Is there a list that I can look at, or should I ask the tournament organizer?

I am just a coach, so this is not official, but what I have observed is that most championships advance two, but the only guaranteed team is the Inspire winner. Normally, the Captain of the Winning Alliance also goes (or down the list, depending on who has alredy qualified for Worlds or if there is award overlap). I have seen that within two to three weeks of Worlds, if they have cancelations, they will sometimes extend a third invite, although they tend to go to the larger (36 - 50 team championships) following the criteria. Near the end of the season, when you have multiple World-bound teams, the normal two picks sometimes goes fairly deep into the list. I have seen Think awards lead to Worlds (two years ago). However, since FTC has grown so much, I don't know whether that will happen this year (probably not).

Comment

Not to backseat mod this thread, but our region (MassFTC) only has 1 championship, and usually that's how it's always been. How many teams typically advance in this case?
      -jquigley
      FTC Team #5818 "BOTtering Rams" (Ring it Up!)

Comment

Help with advancement

Can we merge two teams so that all participants can go to a state championship?
        What level of participation can they provide?
        Last edited by FTC5233; 02-14-2013, 03:07 PM. Reason: Typo
        Team 5233
        Vector
        Building robots with magnitude and direction.

Comment

Can we merge two teams so that all participants can go to a state championship?
          What level of participation can they provide?
          I am not sure what exactly you can and cannot do. I do know that last season my friend's team was invited by another team to accompany them to Worlds as a maintainence team and pit crew. They helped the other team prepare for worlds, and then they got to tag along. They didn't make any alliance, didn't ever touch a controller, and didn't participate in technical judging, but they had a chance to watch all the matches and help the other team wherever possible.
          FTC Team 4508
          E=MC Squirreled
          Github Repo: www.github.com/emcsquirreled/FTC-2012
          Lead Programmer and Electronics

Comment

Working...
          X