End of Autonomous mode - moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Autonomous mode - moving

I have a question about the end of autonomous mode but first can you read over one of the game manual quotes bellow
    <G9> A robot cannot pin another robot for more than five seconds. If a referee determines this rule
    is violated, the offending Alliance will receive a penalty and the offending robot may be disabled for
    the match. A robot cannot incur a pinning penalty during Autonomous Mode. If a pinning
    occurrence happens during Autonomous Mode, the first action done by the offending robot during
    the Driver-Controlled Period must be to back away from the pinned robot or a penalty will be
    assessed

Now at a competition we had our robot moved out of another robot at the end of autonomous mode multiple times. I would think we were supposed to back out of the robot but the ref pulled us out of the other robot. This doesn't seem right, what are your thoughts?

It's part of the "intent of the Game Design Committee" to untangle robots and flip them back over after autonomous

http://ftcforum.usfirst.org/showthre...ull=1#post1077
    Qingyang Chen
    FTC Team 5485 - PRO, Horseheads, NY
    Sponsored by Corning Inc.
    Join our fan page: http://www.facebook.com/ftcpro

Comment

Thanks for the reply but I am still a little confused. I still don't see any mention of this in the game manual. Have they just not modified the game manual to include this yet or can you point me to a section that talks about this? One match we did flip over but were not put back up after the autonomous period.

Comment

You're right... my guess is that there was an oversight on the part of the people that wrote the manual. The FLL and FRC manuals clearly state that their respective Q&A's are the final say and hence are the definitive rules for the game. The FTC manual doesn't say that... however, most of us know that it is still the case: "what is printed in the Q&A overrules what is in the manual." Thus, the article referenced by coollog above is the deciding ruling.

btw: The only time I've seen a robot not be righted after a flip in Autonomous was when they did it (unaided) by themselves.

also BTW Keenan, congrats on your award in San Diego! We're thrilled for you!
        Last edited by 2010FTC2848; 01-24-2011, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X