How do I Post to the Game Q&A Forum?

Welcome to the FTC Game Q&A Forum! If this is your first time here, please refer to the Instructions for Forum Use section before posting.

Thank you!

Thread: Getting Started With Creo

Getting Started With Creo

I have created a robot design with the help of the training videos (a great resource if you are starting) and now I wish to save them. I click save and save it to the destination i want and it saves. The problem I have is: when i try to re-open the project to keep building it brings me to the express viewer and won't even let me view the project. Does anyone know a possible answer as to why this project isn't saving properly? Please help, any suggestions are welcome. Thanks, Team 5648

The project is saving correctly, but the default is to have it open with the viewer. Try opening it within Creo, that should solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by FTC4187 View Post
    The project is saving correctly, but the default is to have it open with the viewer. Try opening it within Creo, that should solve your problem.
    I have tried this but it will only show me the name of the part on the model tree and not the actual model. All of the pieces' names on the model tree are red which I am thinking means there's a problem.
    Team5648

Did you save the project in the same file folder as all the parts? Generally creo looks for the pieces in the same file folder as the project....
    Inshal Chenet
    Team 4081 The Droids
    We ARE the droids you're looking for

protocolDROID nailed the problem. Creo, when it loads an assembly, looks in the same directory as the assembly file for all the parts in that assembly. You probably have them in some other folder, and it can't find them. You can re-load the parts by right-clicking on the red parts in the sidebar on the left, and then pressing "Reload Part" (or something like that, I'm doing this from memory), and then find the part in the Open Part dialog box that opens. It should then re-load every part that came from that directory. To fix the problem for good, right after you save the assembly, hit "Back Up" under the file menu, and then hit OK. That will copy all the dependent part files for that assembly into the directory where the assembly is saved, ensuring that Creo can load them in the future.
    Max Bareiss

FTC #248 Fatal Error (2009-2013)
    FRC #3142 Aperture (2009-2012)
    FRC #1302 Team Lionheart (2012-2013)
    ZRHS #89 Team Kühlschrank (2011-2013)
    ZRAC #40 Catcher in the Skye (2012)
    ISR 12: Umptysquatch 6
    Rowan University Baja SAE

And mentoring for life.
    --
    11 seasons of FIRST in 6 years, as a student. Many more as a mentor.

Ok I will try that. Thank you so much. Good Luck in further ftc and creo adventures!
    Team 5648