How do I Post to the Game Q&A Forum?

Welcome to the FTC Game Q&A Forum! If this is your first time here, please refer to the Instructions for Forum Use section before posting.

Thank you!

Posts created to sell a product or service are not permitted and will be deleted!

Thread: Blocks Autonomous Mode

Question Blocks Autonomous Mode

Hello,

We're rookie team Ticket To Paradise 11365 and this is our first year competing. Since none of our members have experience with Java, we're using the Blocks programming system that's installed on the phones apps. So far, we've got our TeleOp nearly done, but are having trouble figuring out how to develop an autonomous mode. The programming blocks tutorial didn't mention how to make one. Is it possible to do so?

FTC Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by FTC11365 View Post
    Hello,

We're rookie team Ticket To Paradise 11365 and this is our first year competing. Since none of our members have experience with Java, we're using the Blocks programming system that's installed on the phones apps. So far, we've got our TeleOp nearly done, but are having trouble figuring out how to develop an autonomous mode. The programming blocks tutorial didn't mention how to make one. Is it possible to do so?
    Hi FTC11365,

Yes it is possible to do so. Do you know what you would like to do with your robot? The first step would be to define what the behavior of your robot should be (in words and/or on a piece of paper) with this autonomous op mode. Then, once you determined what you want to do, you can create a Block op mode to implement the actions that you defined in the first step.

Note that I am moving your question to the newly created Block Programming subforum.

Tom

In block programming has anyone had success getting both ultrasound and optical readings to show up in the same program.

I know it is not legal in FTC but has anyone used a samsung tablet as a driver station, it seems to work fine for autonomous but it will not see the game controller.

Technology Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by FTC5266 View Post
    In block programming has anyone had success getting both ultrasound and optical readings to show up in the same program.
    Are you asking whether the toolbox can have a category for UltrasoundSensor and a category for OpticalDistanceSensor at the same time? I have done that.

If the toolbox is missing a sensor, you should double-check that you have included it when you configured the robot.

Technology Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by FTC5266 View Post
    I know it is not legal in FTC but has anyone used a samsung tablet as a driver station, it seems to work fine for autonomous but it will not see the game controller.
    Since this question isn't specific to Blocks Programming, you might get more/better responses if you post it in the FTC Technology forum.

I haven't used a samsung tablet as a driver station, but I know that some tablets have a problem recognizing more than one gamepad.

Quote Originally Posted by FTC11365 View Post
    Hello,

The following two videos feature creating very simple Autonomous Mode programs:

Moving Forward and Backward: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8-N...d0LYov&index=5

Turning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuOK...&index=6&t=42s

....Bruce