How do I Post to the Game Q&A Forum?

Welcome to the FTC Game Q&A Forum! If this is your first time here, please refer to the Instructions for Forum Use section before posting.

Thank you!

Posts created to sell a product or service are not permitted and will be deleted!

Thread: Event Results?

Hybrid View

Event Results?

Dear FTC Staff,

Last year, we were excited to see the Event Results spreadsheet put up on the FTC website for teams to use in scouting and data analysis. Thank you for doing this!

Right now, the Event Results spreadsheet on the website on the Game & Materials page for this season still links to results from last season's RES-Q tournaments. Would it be possible for HQ to update this spreadsheet to report results from the Velocity Vortex tournaments played so far (at least for any results that HQ may have received)? While we're asking, would it be possible to release other data as well, for example the Awards and Advancement information that is also available in the scoring systems output zip file? Or better yet, would it be possible to just release the scoring system zip files for any tournaments where the information has been sent to HQ?

Thanks for your consideration.
    CHEER4FTC website and facebook online FTC resources.
    Providing support for FTC Teams in the Charlottesville, VA area and beyond.

Can someone at FIRST weigh in as to why event results are not readily available to teams? All events must submit the .zip file from the tournament they hosted. It would be nice if those were housed somewhere that we could get read only access to them and/or download them to view at our leisure. This would also solve the issue of the outdated Excel sheet that was available last season and it still posted on the website with last years data.

If man power is part of the issue, I am sure there is someone on these forums that would be more than happy to receive all .zip files when they are submitted and post them to a central location.

I downloaded the results yesterday and they were current as of December 13.
    John McDonnell
    Co-Mentor, Team 5873
    https://www.facebook.com/Team5873

Yeah! Data! Good start!

FIRST HQ folks, how should we send questions (e.g., the first 3 Q matches from the Georgia Duct-Ties & Zip-Tape Qualifier are missing)? On the forum, or through a specific email, or ???

Also, I notice that the file is hosted on standings.firstinspires.org/ftc. Does this mean we could see the information on a more full-featured website coming in the near future? Is there any way that those of us in the FTC community could help make this happen?

What is the criteria for an event to be included in the results spreadsheet? I only see qualifier as event type so far. As an example looking at the events calendar Canton MI had a qualifier from Nov 4-5 that isn't included in the spreadsheet.

Here in the PNW we have league, interleague, and state competitions. The interleague is a qualifier for state, would that be included or does qualifier in this context only mean qualifying for super regionals?

I believe (but am not certain) that the spreadsheet is including data that was sent by affiliates to FIRST HQ. They ask affiliates to do this but it doesn't seem to be required.

For example, Michigan and Florida have had extensive tournaments (Michigan is even done for the year already!) and have posted their tournament results on their own affiliate webpages but probably have not sent their data to FIRST HQ.

If you want to see the data in the master spreadsheet, I encourage you to ask your affiliate partner very gently and politely if they'd consider sending their data to FIRST HQ for inclusion, though be aware that they may or may not choose to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by 3805Mentor View Post
    What is the criteria for an event to be included in the results spreadsheet? I only see qualifier as event type so far. As an example looking at the events calendar Canton MI had a qualifier from Nov 4-5 that isn't included in the spreadsheet.

Here in the PNW we have league, interleague, and state competitions. The interleague is a qualifier for state, would that be included or does qualifier in this context only mean qualifying for super regionals?
    I have nothing to do with the compilation of this spreadsheet, but given the results I've seen, "Qualifying Tournament" shown in column D means an event that advances teams to a Championship Tournament a.k.a. regional championship. Many people call regional championships "state championships", but that's not always accurate because some states have multiple regions (New York has three, for example). So your interleague competition should show as a "Qualifying Tournament."
    John McDonnell
    Co-Mentor, Team 5873
    https://www.facebook.com/Team5873

Dear FIRST HQ,

Thank you for providing updates to the Event Results spreadsheet throughout the season. They are a critical input for the ftcroot.com and ftcstats.org websites that many teams are using for information and scouting.

FYI, the recently released update seems to have mis-formatted data for the MD Championship Goddard division. Could you please check to see if it is possible to correct the data for this event?

Thanks!