How do I Post to the Game Q&A Forum?

Welcome to the FTC Game Q&A Forum! If this is your first time here, please refer to the Instructions for Forum Use section before posting.

Thank you!

Posts created to sell a product or service are not permitted and will be deleted!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hands-Free Activation!!

Angry Hands-Free Activation!!

Hi,

I have been having this problem from last year. I tried searching for problems but found no solution. I have continuously having that problem.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9H...ew?usp=sharing

What we did that worked was removing the SIM card from the phone and putting it into airplane mode.

Quote Originally Posted by RollerCoaster45 View Post
    What we did that worked was removing the SIM card from the phone and putting it into airplane mode.
    But airplane mode will remove wifi, which will also turn off wifi and wifi direct.

Quote Originally Posted by bassamali01 View Post
    But airplane mode will remove wifi, which will also turn off wifi and wifi direct.
    Yes, but after you turn on airplane mode, you can turn Wi-Fi back on manually, and airplane mode will stay engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by bassamali01 View Post
    Hi,

I have been having this problem from last year. I tried searching for problems but found no solution. I have continuously having that problem.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9H...ew?usp=sharing
    Here is a video showing the fastest way to properly setup a ZTE phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n597U6rcl2Y

Moto 4g Play Legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Philbot View Post
    Here is a video showing the fastest way to properly setup a ZTE phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n597U6rcl2Y
    Hey Phil,

Saw your youtube video about setting up the Moto 4g Play, and was hoping you could point us in the right direction for confirmation that FIRST has added this phone to the legal list?

It's not in the current manual, and our judges here are (understandably) pretty strict, so if we need to keep documentation with us at events we'd like to have it on hand.

Makes perfect sense, same line, Snapdragon processor, etc. etc. just want to be safe before we start price shopping.

Thanks for your help on this, and again for all the great tutorial videos!
    Michael P Clark
    Founding Mentor, FTC 9958
    http://www.redfishrobotics.com
    "We're Hooked on FIRST"

To get an official answer that is likely to be accepted by judges at an event, you are probably best off posting using the official questions process.

The Game Q&A Forum is a moderated forum. Questions posted here will be answered by an "Official Game Expert".

Teams registered for the current FTC season may post to this forum using a System Generated login and password.

To obtain your login and password:

Log in to the Team Information Management System (TIMS) https://my.usfirst.org/ftc/tims/site.lasso
    Click the edit prompt that appears to the right of your team number
    Look to the right hand side of the Team Summary page and locate your Forum login and password
    It is important to note that your post will not be visible until it's answered and approved by an "Official Game Expert"

We are having the same problem. It didn't happen last year. We set our phones up like Philbot shows in his awesome video. We removed SIM card and turned on airplane mode. That annoying message keeps popping up. It replaces toFTC apps.

Quote Originally Posted by RedfishRobotics View Post
    Hey Phil,

Saw your youtube video about setting up the Moto 4g Play, and was hoping you could point us in the right direction for confirmation that FIRST has added this phone to the legal list?

It's not in the current manual, and our judges here are (understandably) pretty strict, so if we need to keep documentation with us at events we'd like to have it on hand.

Makes perfect sense, same line, Snapdragon processor, etc. etc. just want to be safe before we start price shopping.

Thanks for your help on this, and again for all the great tutorial videos!

Sorry for the late reply on this.
    I was waiting for the announcement to be official on this, so my video was unlisted, but I added it to my playlist and I guess that listed it. My bad.
    I never want to get ahead of any official announcements, but there it is. Only an official ruling from FIRST counts for anything.

I believe the G4 Play was made legal in the latest Game Manual 1 update, but it appears that although the link "version" has been updated, it's still pointing to the old manual. D'oh!
    I passed that info on, but it's still hanging out there.

Look for an official announcement soon, and keep checking the latest Game 1 manual for the one that was updated on the listed 10-24-2016.

Phil.

What about the "hands free activation problem"? Every time we shut the phones down and restart, it happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast