How do I Post to the Game Q&A Forum?

Welcome to the FTC Game Q&A Forum! If this is your first time here, please refer to the Instructions for Forum Use section before posting.

Thank you!

Posts created to sell a product or service are not permitted and will be deleted!

Thread: Using the phone in Autonomous Mode

Using the phone in Autonomous Mode

Hi,

Are we allowed to stop the robot during the autonomous if its not working correctly?
    Thanks,
    Programmer - FTC Delta Kappa

I dont think you are allow to touch drive station to stop therobot, but you can program the robot to deal with non recoverable conditions, if necessary, stop the robot.

Quote Originally Posted by yjw558 View Post
    I dont think you are allow to touch drive station to stop therobot, but you can program the robot to deal with non recoverable conditions, if necessary, stop the robot.
    What do you mean by, "if necessary, stop the robot". If we are not allowed to touch the driver station, how will I stop the robot? For example if my robot passes the line before 10 secs. Can I stop it before it passes the line?

Quote Originally Posted by bassamali01 View Post
    What do you mean by, "if necessary, stop the robot". If we are not allowed to touch the driver station, how will I stop the robot? For example if my robot passes the line before 10 secs. Can I stop it before it passes the line?
    You are not permitted to stop the robot for game reasons. You can only stop the robot in an emergency (that is, in case of a danger of damage to your robot, another robot, or the field, or if it's posing an injury risk). If you are crossing the line, it's not immediately an emergency, so I guess you'd need to take the penalty points, and write a better autonomous next time that won't cross the line early.

I'm not a member of the GDC so this is unofficial.
    FTC6460 mentor (software+computer vision+electronics), FPGA enthusiast. In favor of allowing custom electronics on FTC bots.
    Co-founder of ##ftc live chat for FTC programming--currently you may need to join and wait some time for help--volunteer basis only.